I have been working on an outboard motor mount for about 3 months when I have time at home. I ordered some 3'4" teak planks, made a couple panels and used that to hang our dingy outboard on. All in all it took about 20 hours of labor to finish. That time included gluing, sanding, cutting, routing, measuring, and oiling the wood. Now that I've got one out of the way I could probably cut that time in half. Of course since I'm still working it could take a couple months in real time to get one made. Work is always getting in the way. I actually still need to go back and pull all the hardware and spray some Boeshiled T-9 on the nuts and bolts to help keep them looking good. I, of course, forgot to bring the T-9 with me to the boat when I assembled it.
I'll keep this post short since I have get ready to travel home to Cincinnati for Thanksgiving. Lisa and I are looking forward to some time away from the office and seeing family for the holidays.